Ladakh : The quiet efforts so far seem to be of no use after the incidents of re-confrontation between Indian and Chinese forces in eastern Ladakh. Following the Galwan Valley violence, there were several rounds of confrontation-avoidance meetings between the two countries and the conflict ended at three places. But the tension has increased after this incident. The army is on high alert in the entire region from Arunachal to Ladakh.
Meanwhile, some photographs obtained from the satellite have also revealed the construction of helipads in the sugar sector in Ladakh. These have been created recently. There are apprehensions that China is constantly increasing its military preparedness near the LAC under the guise of a confrontation. This has raised fears of increased confrontation.
Army sources say that China’s aggressive stance is responsible for the current confrontation. In the Pangong Tso area, China moved from Finger-4 to Finger-5, and had conditioned India’s withdrawal. While India is already occupying the entire area up to Finger-8. Under such conditions, the status quo is largely maintained, but the incident on the night of August 29 makes it clear that China has no such intention.
Army sources said that after this incident, vigilance is being kept again in Hot Spring, Gogra, Galwan Valley, Deppsance. The Chinese army is now far behind in these places. But after the incident of Pangong Tso, there are fears that the Chinese army may infiltrate again in these areas.
Sources said that vigilance has been increased across the China border. Not only this, ITBP and Army have been kept on high alert at sensitive border posts of Uttarakhand. According to sources, the deployment in the Pangong Tso area has been increased on Sunday only after this incident. The army is ready to deal with any situation there. All the Air Force bases in the border areas have also been alerted.