New Delhi : Tulsi is a medicine that hardly anyone knows about. Tulsi has been used for thousands of years in the treatment of diseases. Therefore its plant will always be found in most homes in India. You can use it as basil tea, or make its decoction, it will prove beneficial in every respect.
Basil is believed to be no less than a boon even for pregnant women. During pregnancy, women have to take special care of their diet. They have to avoid eating such things that can cause any harm to the child. So the best thing about basil is that it is completely safe for pregnant mothers and their unborn baby. That is, there are no side effects. Its regular intake during pregnancy reduces the risk of many infections. Its leaves have antibacterial properties. Apart from this, it is also helpful in maintaining immunity.
These are the benefits of eating basil during pregnancy –
1. Basil leaves have antibacterial properties. This reduces the risk of infection to both the mother and the unborn child.
2. Basil leaves are a good source of magnesium. These are very important for the development of children’s bones. The manganese present in it works to reduce tension.
3. Basil leaves have healing properties. Its leaves are anti-bacterial as well as rich in antiviral and anti-fungal properties.
4. Eating two basil leaves daily does not cause anemia in the body. Most women suffer from anemia during pregnancy. Such women can get a lot of benefits by eating two basil leaves every day.
5. Vitamin-A is found in basil leaves, which is essential for the development of the unborn baby.