New Delhi : The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of Corona Prevention for the operation of schools, skill centers and higher educational institutions offering PG and doctoral courses. The Ministry of Home Affairs has given permission to open schools and above grade higher educational institutions from 21 September. The SOP states that before opening schools, colleges, skill institutes, they have to be thoroughly sanitized.
Schools or institutions in which quarantine centers were built must be completely transition-free. Chairs in classrooms will be placed at a distance of six feet. It will be mandatory for teachers and students to wear masks. Arrangements for thermal screening and hand sanitizing will also have to be done at the entrance gate.
After September 21, only students of 9-12 class have been allowed to go voluntarily for educational guidelines from the teacher after 21 September. For this, written permission of parents should be given. 50 percent teachers and other staff have been allowed to attend schools. Sick employees and pregnant women employees will not be allowed.
Teachers in schools will be able to start online classes from there. During this period, if some students want, they can also sit there and study. Teachers may give different time slots for students willing to study voluntarily. However, sharing of notebooks, pens, pencils etc. will not be done among students and teachers.
– There will be no prayers, sports etc. programs in schools. Swimming pools and other such activities in schools and colleges will also be closed. All educational institutions will also have to display helpline numbers and local health officials numbers.
– There will be previous rules regarding AC which must be set between 24-30 degrees. Rooms should have ventilation.
– Regarding the Arogya Setu app, it has been said that as far as possible, it should be installed in the phone. Spitting will be strictly prohibited.
– Only schools and educational institutions outside the Containment Zone will be allowed to open. Thus, employees or students living within the containment zone are not allowed to come to school or college.
– An isolation room will also have to be built in all the institutes, where the patient can be kept if needed.
– Schools and colleges will also have to make adequate arrangements for masks, sanitizers etc.