New Delhi: Permanent Account Number (PAN) is very important in current time period as it records all the financial undertakings of an individual. It is an identity proof as well as an important document for filing financial transactions and income tax returns. The person having a business or profession with total sales, turnover or gross receipts should have a PAN card. Additionally, every person who wants to conduct a financial transaction in which it is mandatory to quote PAN will have to take a PAN card.
The e-PAN is also considered valid proof of PAN. The e-PAN contains a QR code which contains the demographic details of the PAN card holders, such as the person’s name, date of birth and photo. This detail is available through a QR code reader and is duly recognized. This facility is now available for PAN applicants who have a valid Aadhaar number and who have a registered mobile number with Aadhaar. Its allotment process is paperless and applicants are issued an electronic PAN (e-PAN) for free.
E-PAN is a digitally signed PAN card issued by the Income Tax Department in electronic or digital format.The process of applying for instant PAN is very easy.
• Access to the income tax department’s e-filing website is required for instant PAN.
• After this, submit the OTP received on your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
• A 15-digit acknowledgment number will be found on successful completion of this process.
• You can check the status of the request anytime on your valid Aadhaar number and successful allocation, and download the e-PAN.
• When registered with Aadhaar, e-PAN is also sent to one of your email IDs.
• Existing customers who already have PAN card can apply for payment facility to download their e-PAN card here.